- This event has passed.
The 6th Annual Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit
June 13, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Creating Walkable & Bikeable Rural Communities
Join us on Thursday June 13th on the banks of the St Lawrence River for the 2019 Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit (the EOAT Summit) hosted by the Township of South Stormont. As the longest running active transportation summit in the province, the EOAT Summit provides a cost-effective and carefully curated professional development and networking opportunity for those with an interest in rural active transportation planning, trail development, cyclo-tourism and more. An exciting line-up of speakers (to be released) will be sharing their knowledge and experience with creating walkable and bikeable rural communities through innovation, partnerships and planning. This is an event you won’t want to miss!
Attendees can expect to hear from and engage with noted professionals and experienced practitioners who have worked in rural communities. Highlights include:
- Developing and implementing active transportation policies, plans and strategies for rural communities;
- Making active transportation everyone’s responsibility;
- Using trails to create recreation and tourism opportunities;
- Becoming a Bicycle Friendly Community: steps and benefits;
- Mitigating risks when it comes to club management and trails development;
- Networking with local & regional peers to explore issues, address challenges and identify potential solutions.